Gambling: Personal Management Licences

To access the legal advice and services provided by this website you must be 18 years and older.

London betting and gaming lawyers for gambling personal management licences

Remote Gambling

In addition to the operating licences required to provide gambling facilities in Great Britain, a Personal Management Licence, must also be held by the senior management who hold responsibility for the following areas of any gambling operations:

  • Strategy and the delivery of gambling
  • Financial planning and budgeting
  • Regulatory compliance
  • Marketing and commercial development
  • Gambling related IT and security

Personal Licences must also be held by the management of a single set of bingo or casino licensed premises and where there are more than 5 premises by an operations manager

Anyone applying for a Personal Licence must provide the following:

  • Details of financial assets
  • Proof of experience in the gambling industry
  • Employment history for the last 10 years
  • Proof of competence and training on the 2005 Act and LCCP
  • Details of any investigations carried out by a regulatory body and any criminal convictions
  • Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check.

The application must also specify the percentage of equity held by any of the post holders. For small scale operators where the posts are held by three or less individuals, requirements differ.