Licensing Lawyers for Hotels
To access the legal advice and services provided by this website you must be 18 years and older.

Licensing lawyers for hotels and the hospitality industry

At Ince, we act on behalf of a number of clients who own or manage hotels and understand the challenges they face. With extensive knowledge of the regulatory landscapes these clients must navigate, we are well placed to provide them with guidance and advice to help them along the way.

There are a number of licences that you may need to obtain if you own or manage a hotel. In order to serve alcohol you will need a Premises Licence, with a member of staff named as the Designated Premises Supervisor on the licence. This person must also hold a Personal Licence. If you are hoping to provide mini-bar services, it is important to make sure that your Premises Licence covers this. In addition, if you would like to provide your guests with an outside seating area, you may need to be granted a Pavement Licence, while serving hot food after 11pm is also an activity that will require a licence.

If your hotel plans to provide spa treatments, a Special Treatments Licence must be obtained, while hotels offering marriage or civil ceremonies must also obtain a licence.

Why choose us

Our team of experts have extensive knowledge of the sector and can offer realistic and effective advice and work with you to achieve your objectives. We can work with you to make sure you have the correct licences in place for your business.

We have worked with various licensing authorities over the years and the benefit of our experience, enables us to anticipate the likely approach of these authorities and to prepare applications, as far as possible, in order to achieve the best possible outcome for you.

Sometimes things do not go to plan and you may find yourself facing a licensing committee at an appeal. We have a proven record of successfully representing our clients in these situations and also regularly support our clients when their licences are being reviewed.

Examples of our current and previous work includes:

  • Acting for the H10 hotel group, including securing a variation to a premises licence altering the capacity and operating hours of a rooftop terrace area.
  • Obtaining a new premises licence for a new five star Hyatt Group hotel located in Great Scotland Yard, Westminster.
  • Achieving the grant of a new marriage licence for a London five-star hotel.
  • Acting for the Churchill Hotel, located in London’s Marylebone, in successfully obtaining a variation to a premises licence to extend the licensed area.
  • Acting for a Central London hotel following a fight within the hotel’s bar, leading to police being called and a potential review of the premises licence, which was avoided.
  • Working with our corporate team on various hotel acquisitions and sales including the Manor, Weston on the Green.
  • Providing regulatory and licensing advice for the Corinthia Hotel, a five-star hotel in Whitehall, London.