Planning Permission Law Solicitors

Licensing Lawyers For Planning Permission
To access the legal advice and services provided by this website you must be 18 years and older.

Licensing lawyers can provide planning permission advice – Ince licensing solicitors

When opening or changing a licensed premises, planning permission should be one of the first issues considered. Our team is highly experienced in securing planning permission for clients nationwide across the entertainment, gaming and retail sectors.

Change of Use

We regularly manage applications for a change of planning use for our clients. In some cases this will require separate planning consent. We also advise clients who need a temporary change of use.

We deal with a range of categories of use, but are particularly experienced in the following:

A1 Shops and retails
A3 Restaurants and cafes
A4 Drinking establishments
A5 Hot food takeaways
C1 Hotels
Sui Generis A combination of uses

Specific sui generis use is required for casinos , betting offices and amusement centres

Pavement (Tables and Chairs) Licence

In order to place tables and chairs on the pavement outside your premises, you will need planning permission as it changes the use of that land. You can find more information on Pavement Licences here.

Advertising Consent

Planning permission may be needed if you would like to display an advertisement outside your premises. This includes illuminated signage, posters, A-boards, hanging signs, awnings, umbrellas and windbreakers.

We can advise you on obtaining permission for advertising, whether it is for new signage or a change to existing signage.

Conditions attached to Planning Permissions

Often planning permission may have conditions attached. We will work with you to compile these and agree them with the relevant local authority. We can also assist you in varying or removing conditions which are attached to existing planning permissions such as ones that limit opening hours or require alcohol to only be served with food. This is something that we have a great deal of experience in and have successfully assisted customers with, against the odds.

We are also experienced in obtaining planning permission for listed buildings and in conservation areas.

Our work includes:

  • Successfully obtaining planning permission for tables and chairs licences for UK-wide restaurants and hotels.
  • Assisting a nationwide restaurant chain in obtaining various adverting consents to permit illuminated signage, hanging signs, illuminated menus, large signage, A-boards and awnings. Some of these consents were gained for restaurants situated in listed buildings and on sites in conservation areas.